Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover - A Review

I had mixed feelings while reading this one.

I wanted to grab Tate and tell her she deserved better than what she was accepting. I understood why she kept hoping for more, but I also wanted her to stop making excuses for Miles and start paying attention to what was right in front of her.

Miles frustrated me for a good portion of the book. Not because he was cruel, but because he was so determined to keep everyone at a distance. The closer I got to learning why he was that way, the more my feelings about him changed.

The chapters from Miles's past were the ones I looked forward to most. Every time the story shifted back, another piece fell into place. His behavior made more sense, even when I still didn't agree with it.

This wasn't a sweet romance for me. It was uncomfortable at times. I spent a lot of the book wishing the characters would make different choices. Even so, I couldn't stop wondering where everything was headed.

By the end, my heart hurt for Miles more than anyone. The pain he carried for so long affected every part of his life, and seeing the full picture changed the way I viewed the entire story.

★★★★

Amazon Link, commission earned


No comments:

Post a Comment