Hannah's husband disappears without warning, leaving behind a note asking her to protect his teenage daughter. Overnight, Hannah is left with questions she can't answer and a teenager who doesn't especially want her in her life. As the truth about her husband slowly comes to light, Hannah and Bailey have no choice but to depend on each other.
As a parent, I appreciated how Hannah never gave up on Bailey, even when Bailey pushed her away. She could have walked away from the situation, but instead she chose to stay and do everything she could to keep Bailey safe. That commitment meant a lot to me and made Hannah a character I admired.
The story wasn't rushed. The answers came gradually, and each new piece of information changed the picture a little more. I kept wondering what Hannah would discover next and how it would affect both of their lives.
Bailey felt like a real teenager. She was angry, confused, stubborn, and hurting. Hannah was trying to navigate a situation she never expected to face. Neither handled everything perfectly, which made their relationship feel believable.
Family doesn't always come together in the way we expect, and this book captures that well. By the end, I cared far more about Hannah and Bailey than I did about the secrets they were uncovering.
★★★★★

No comments:
Post a Comment