Norah had plenty going on, and I was interested in seeing how things worked out for her, but I never settled into this story the way I did the first one. I'd read a few chapters, set it aside, and not be in a hurry to get back to it.
The family relationships kept my attention more than the romance. Those scenes felt the most genuine to me. There was a lot of history between the characters, and not all of it was comfortable.
A few situations seemed to be solved more quickly than I expected, while other things were discussed again and again. Because of that, the book felt uneven at times.
I don't regret reading it. I just finished it wishing I had liked it as much as the first book. That one felt smoother and more natural to me. This one had good moments, but it never completely won me over.
★★★

No comments:
Post a Comment