Josie returns to Harmony Island to save her family's inn, but coming home forces her back into situations she left behind years ago. Between family tension, old disappointments, and running into Miles again, there's no way to avoid the things she's spent years trying not to think about.
The town feels lived in. People know each other's history, local businesses matter, and the inn sits at the center of much of what happens. I could easily picture the setting and understand why the characters stayed connected, even when they wanted distance from one another.
Josie makes mistakes, holds grudges, and doesn't always know what to do next, which made her easy to understand. Miles balances her well without taking over the story. Their connection comes from shared experiences and unfinished conversations rather than instant attraction.
Most of the book focuses on family relationships and the effects of old wounds that never fully healed. Watching those relationships shift over time kept me turning the pages more than the romance did.
A few disagreements went around in circles longer than I wanted, but I was invested enough in the characters to keep reading. By the end, I felt like I'd spent time with real people working through messy situations, and that made me curious about the rest of the series.

No comments:
Post a Comment