Monday, August 17, 2026

Mad Mabel by B.R. Myers - A Review

Before reading this book, Mabel was just a name to me. It didn't take long before I was completely wrapped up in what was happening in her life.

For me, the relationships were the best part of the book. I paid far more attention to the people around Mabel and how they reacted to her than I did to the historical details. Some supported her, some challenged her, and some clearly had no idea what to do with her. Those interactions kept the story feeling alive.

Mabel herself could be frustrating at times, but that never bothered me. She was the kind of character who made her own decisions and then dealt with the consequences, whether anyone approved or not.

There were sections I liked more than others, but I never lost interest because I wanted to know what would happen next in her life and how her relationships would change along the way.

When I finished, I realized I had become much more attached to the people in the story than I expected. The relationships definitely kept me reading.

★★★★

Amazon Link, Commission earned

No comments:

Post a Comment