This one is all about the vibe. The Italian setting is beautiful, and the whole story has this soft, dreamy feel that makes it more about the experience than the plot. It really does feel like wandering through grief instead of moving toward a clear destination.
I liked the focus on the mother daughter relationship and how it handles loss. There are some really tender, reflective moments that capture that weird space where memories feel more real than what’s happening in front of you. Those parts worked well for me.
At the same time, it felt slow and a bit repetitive. I kept waiting for something deeper to click into place, and it never quite got there for me. It’s emotional, but in a quiet way that didn’t fully land.
Overall, this was a gentle, atmospheric read that I’m glad I tried, but it didn’t leave a big impact. I can see it really working for the right reader, it just stayed kind of middle of the road for me.
★★★

No comments:
Post a Comment