Friends-to-lovers is one of my favorite tropes, and honestly, the idea of two best friends slowly realizing they're meant to be something more always gets me. There's already so much history, trust, and comfort built into that kind of relationship, so I went into this one really hoping it would be a new favorite.
What I enjoy most was the natural friendship between the main characters. They genuinely felt comfortable with each other, and I liked seeing those little moments where their relationship started to shift. The teasing, the growing awareness, and the realization that there might be something more than friendship were some of my favorite parts of the story. Jenny Proctor does a great job creating a sweet, wholesome romance that is easy to settle into.
That said, I never fully connected with the romance on a deeper emotional level. I wanted a little more tension, more vulnerability, and more of those heart-tugging moments that make me completely invest in a couple. While I could see their feelings developing, I kept waiting for that big emotional moment that would make everything click for me, and it never quite got there.
The pacing is quick, the story is light and easy to read, and it's the kind of book you can finish in a day without much effort. I enjoyed my time with it, but once I turned the last page, it wasn't a story that stayed with me for very long.
Overall, this was a sweet, clean friends-to-lovers romance with likable characters and plenty of charm. If you love wholesome romances and best-friend love stories, it's definitely worth picking up. For me, though, I just wanted a little more depth and emotional payoff to make it truly memorable.
★★★

No comments:
Post a Comment