This one pulled me in almost immediately. There’s a natural tension between the characters right from the start, and I found myself completely invested in seeing how their story would unfold.
Neither character felt perfect. They’re both carrying their own baggage, keeping parts of themselves guarded, and making mistakes along the way. Watching them slowly lower those walls and let each other in, little by little, was what kept me turning the pages. It wasn’t an instant transformation, and I appreciated that their connection developed over time.
Their dynamic was probably my favorite part of the book. There’s plenty of back-and-forth between them, but it never felt overdone. The tension kept things interesting, and I loved that their conversations often hinted at deeper feelings beneath the surface. Every interaction felt like it mattered, and I found myself looking forward to every scene they shared.
The pacing also worked really well for me. The story kept moving without feeling rushed, and I never hit a point where I felt bored or tempted to put it down. It’s the kind of book that makes you want to read just one more chapter and suddenly realize you've stayed up way later than planned.
Overall, this ended up being a strong four-star read for me. It kept me engaged from beginning to end, gave me characters I could connect with, and delivered a romance that felt layered, complicated, and believable. While it wasn't quite a five-star favorite, it was definitely a story that stayed with me after I finished.
★★★★

No comments:
Post a Comment