Thursday, July 9, 2026

A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson - A Review

I can totally see why this book has such a devoted following. Marianne Williamson's central message, that so much of our lives is driven by either love or fear, is powerful and honestly gave me quite a bit to think about. That's also one of the reasons this book became so popular in the first place.

The discussions about forgiveness, self-worth, and extending grace to us and others were the strongest parts for me.

That said, I didn't love it as much as I expected to. A lot of readers seem to find the book life-changing, but I found myself wishing it was a little more practical and a little less repetitive. The concepts of choosing love over fear and shifting your perspective are valuable, but after a while it felt like the same ideas were being revisited in different ways. 

I'm glad I read it and there were definitely some takeaways I'll hold onto, but it wasn't a book that completely captivated me from beginning to end.

1 comment:

  1. I put it on my to read list. You might enjoy curing Christianity by d.l. webster. I'm about half way through it. There is repetition within the chapters, but, so far, each chapter has been different.

    ReplyDelete