Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Prayer


Father when I pray to You
There’s many things I say
I ask You for the things I want
And pray for friends in need
Sometimes I cry and throw a fuss
When things aren’t as I want
I forget to give You thanks
For giving me my life

Father, when I pray to You
Let it be in thanks
Thankful for You holding me
Safely in Your hand
Let me always thankful be
For You have set me free
Change my attitude to praise
For all You send my way.

2/25/2006

Philippians 4:6 In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

“In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving…” I’ve never really noted the words “with thanksgiving.” That puts quite a different slant on my conversations with God. I’ve sent many a prayer of supplication in an attitude of complaint and murmuring. I have no trouble being thankful when I have nothing but praises, when everything seems to be going my way. What a difference it would make to always be thankful. There’s no reason not to be. My name is written in God’s book of life. He is in control of my life and nothing can ever separate me from His love. I must choose to be thankful by keeping my eyes on eternity and not blowing up the importance of the moment in my time and space.

Prayer: God, forgive me for the attitudes of complaints and help me dwell in the attitude of thanksgiving in all things.

This is a devotion written by my mom, she has a devotional blog here. Please stop in and visit her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....