This book completely pulled me in from the very beginning. More than anything, it’s a story about friendship, and I felt connected to both Tully and Kate almost right away. Their relationship felt so real, showing not only the love and loyalty that come with a lifelong friendship, but also the misunderstandings, sacrifices, and growing pains that can happen when two people spend decades sharing their lives. It had me thinking about my own friendships and the people who have been there through different seasons of life.
Kate was the character I connected with the most. As a wife and mother, she often put everyone else's needs before her own, and there was something so relatable about her quiet strength. She wasn't flashy or attention-seeking, but she loved deeply and showed up for the people she cared about. Tully was her complete opposite in many ways. She was ambitious, independent, and determined to build the successful life she'd always dreamed of, but underneath all that confidence was someone carrying her own hurts and loneliness. Watching these two women take such different paths while remaining connected made their friendship feel even more meaningful.
This story also hit very close to home for me as a breast cancer survivor who was diagnosed at 38 while pregnant with my fifth child. There were moments that felt painfully familiar, and I found myself reflecting on my own experiences. The fear, uncertainty, strength, and overwhelming love woven into those chapters felt authentic, and they added an even deeper layer to my connection with the story.
What I loved most was the emotional depth. This isn't just a book about friendship. It's about family, motherhood, marriage, dreams, regrets, love, and loss. Some moments were heartbreaking, and there were definitely scenes that brought tears to my eyes, but they never felt forced. They felt honest and true to life.
The pacing kept me engaged the entire time, and I was equally invested in both the past and present timelines. Seeing how Tully and Kate's friendship evolved over the years made every triumph and heartbreak hit even harder because I felt like I'd grown alongside them.
This was a strong four-star read for me because of how deeply it resonated on a personal level. It's an emotional story that lingers long after the last page, especially if you've experienced lifelong friendships, motherhood, or life-changing challenges that reshape how you see the people you love.

No comments:
Post a Comment