Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wonderful Love

God, it’s so wonderful
The love You’ve given me
Teach me how to pass it on
to everyone I meet.
Help me not to criticize
But lend a helping hand
Use me, Lord to help someone
to find for them Your plan.

It is so easy to criticize other people. We can find so much falt: how they dress, how they talk, how they look, what they do. It’s amazing how easy it is to fall into a critical spirit yet how hard it is to reach out in love and acceptance. Join me in the challenge of finding something positive in everyone you see today. Make a determination to speak a kind and encouraging word and to help them in some way. Sometimes help is just in the words, “Thank you.” It may be to hold a door open for someone. I could even be in letting another driver into the long line of traffic you’ve been sitting in. Will one car more really make a difference in your schedule? It might make a big difference in the one waiting to get in. Let’s practice God’s love by encouraging and helping.

This is a devotion written by my mom, she has a devotional blog here. Please stop in and visit her. And give her a note of encouragement. She is very diligent in posting these wonderful devotionals but doesn't get many readers. Drop by and check out some of her writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....