Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Wonderful Love

God, it’s so wonderful
The love You’ve given me
Teach me how to pass it on
to everyone I meet.
Help me not to criticize
But lend a helping hand
Use me, Lord to help someone
to find for them Your plan.

It is so easy to criticize other people. We can find so much falt: how they dress, how they talk, how they look, what they do. It’s amazing how easy it is to fall into a critical spirit yet how hard it is to reach out in love and acceptance. Join me in the challenge of finding something positive in everyone you see today. Make a determination to speak a kind and encouraging word and to help them in some way. Sometimes help is just in the words, “Thank you.” It may be to hold a door open for someone. I could even be in letting another driver into the long line of traffic you’ve been sitting in. Will one car more really make a difference in your schedule? It might make a big difference in the one waiting to get in. Let’s practice God’s love by encouraging and helping.

This is a devotion written by my mom, she has a devotional blog here. Please stop in and visit her. And give her a note of encouragement. She is very diligent in posting these wonderful devotionals but doesn't get many readers. Drop by and check out some of her writings.

Thankful Thursday is hosted at Grace Alone.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....