Mrs. Geraldine's Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) packages angel hair pasta, cooked, this is an estimated size bag- the original recipe called for 1 small bag
- 1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add onions, pepper and celery and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, mushrooms, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in skillet for 1 hour.
About This Recipe
"This recipe came from a local church fund raising cook book. Mrs. Geraldine is a good friend of the family. She reminds me so much of Mrs. Clause, that I can't help but smile every time I think of her. This recipe freezes well. Do not bake before freezing. Just put it together, freeze it, thaw it and cook."
I found it here: Mrs. Geraldine's Ground Beef Casserole