Saturday, January 10, 2009

Laughter

Thank You for the joy of laughter
It eases all life’s stress
It helps to break down masks man made
And helps to heal disease
It brings together one and all
it makes each one feel equal
Its such a joy to laugh with friends
for laughter, Lord, I thank You.

Ecc 3:4
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Laughter is good for the soul. Medical science has found laughter to help the healing process. Laughter releases stress. At the end of a busy day I like to find something funny on TV to watch. That is becoming a hard task as what is considered funny is often offensive. The old sit-coms and some of the funny videos are now few and far between. When I can’t find something on TV or in a book, I use my memory bank. There are many funny events in my life that still bring me to laughter as I think back on them. As I visualize Jesus walking down a road with His disciples, I can visualize them laughing together. Laughter is a strong united. It put everyone on equal footing and helps us drop our “guard.” So, whether you are alone or with someone or several someones, be sure you take time to laugh every day.

From my Mom's devotional Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....