Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Consignment

This past week My Project has been to take all the extra winter clothes to the consignment shop! I rewashed 4 loads of clothes and cleaned a box of shoes. De-wrinkled all and hung on hangers. I double checked for stains (that weeded out a lot of kid clothes). I wound up with a large HEAPING laundry basket full and two large heaping boxes full.

A brand new shop just opened up so I decided to take everything there. I checked it out a few weeks ago and the product looked great and the prices looked good too. I had been considering selling on Ebay but I think this will be much, much less hassle. I'm a little nervous since this is a new place and these shops (excluding my regulars) sure seem to come and go. Boy would I love to open up my own!!! Anyone wanna back me? LOL It'd be a great way to earn an income and still clothe all 6 kiddies! ;)




5 comments:

  1. I have a friend who has done this...It is alot of work!

    Awesome Job!

    I would love to have you visit me and see what's going on at my blog.
    Come see me at http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/

    God Bless,
    Robin@heartofwisdom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you make more on eBay or selling at consignment shops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Lots of work, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of work! My sister uses consignment stores all the time to put her old kids clothes. I think consignment is much better than ebay now a days. Ebay is changing and it's a lot of hassle (my mom sells on ebay and is one of the many looking for new place to sell). Plus... starting next week you MUST take paypal only (no checks/money orders) and with paypal and ebay, You can ship something to someone and they can say they never got it or it was defective and paypal will give them their money back and not require them to ship the item back to you! So your out. I'd stick with consignment unless ebay went back to their old ways (which I doubt will happen). I think they are trying to be more like Amazon.com or Overstock.com and weeding out us moms and people.
    UGH I wrote a book! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I know it's a lot of work, but worth it. I just brought two bins of my girls clothes and some toys and I walked away with $120. It was worth it to me...beats sitting in the basement!

    ReplyDelete

I adore each and every comment....