Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CLR Challenge

I elected to participate in the 5 Minutes for Mom's CLR Challenge. I am glad I did. I really wanted to put this cleaner to the test so where did I take it? To my DH's grimy, cigaretty, greasy truck. Ewwwy!
I wanted to test it well so I just sprayed the product on, I did not even let it have the chance to soak or sit, just wiped it off immediately.
Before CLR:
After CLR:


My DH is a mechanic, this took me a total of about 30 seconds and that nasty stuff was crusty! 

I know, we were supposed to do kitchens or bathrooms. I let the gunk build up on my tub for a solid week (that's a lot of gung with seven people in the house and one a mechanic). I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed! NOPE! I didn't care for the product at all in the bath, sorry CLR! I let the product soak and soak. After about AN HOUR I had to get out the Comet, bleach and my trusty Magic Eraser and finish the job. The photos were WAY too embarrasing to post so sorry, guess I'm out of the challenge. If they throw a ton a bleach in their product I may try it again, otherwise not enough power for this Mom of Six!

4 comments:

  1. oh thanks for trying these, I was going to get the CLR for kitchens & bath maybe I will try something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they will add bleach since it says not to mix product w/bleach.

    I didn't care for it in the bathroom either, but loved what it did to my kitchen sink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's some 30 second transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same experience with the CLR challenge.

    Mine is at www.thewifeathome.blogspot.com

    My tub just would not get clean with CLR.

    Great tackle though.

    ReplyDelete

I adore each and every comment....