Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Laundry


With a minimum of seven people in this house and eight when my step daughter is with us, laundry can be a nightmare. Also, the bigger they get the bigger their clothes get (who woudda thought).

I try to do a minimum of at least one load of wash every day. I have a WONDERFUL washer though. I can even program is to start up to eight hours away or soak for 8 hours.

I fold straight out of the dryer too! Then I have four baskets...the three boys, the three girls, mine & Dad's. The boys are responsible for putting their stuff away and weeding out what is theirs. I usually do the girls' still. That's probably why there are two baskets of clean clothes in their room RIGHT NOW! LOL!

Socks however will definitely be another posting!!! Anyhow, that's how this mom of six does it...how do you do it.

2 comments:

  1. How great to be able to program your washer...hmmm...could I ask that on Christmas list???
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll...I do a ton of laundry but try NOT to do it everyday! I'm prasin God that Football season is over! PEEEEUWW!

    I place folded piles on my kitchen table in birth order and the boys know that they need to have their pile upstairs by the time supper rolls around.

    Socks...I have a shelf above my dryer. Socks are placed in piles by birth order (unmatched). I try to buy all the same socks so they don't have to look for a match.

    ReplyDelete

I adore each and every comment....