Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

The God of the Woods by Liz Moore - A Review

When thirteen-year-old Barbara Van Laar disappears from a summer camp owned by her wealthy family, the case brings attention back to another disappearance from years earlier: her brother vanished from the same property and was never found. What follows is part mystery, part family drama, with multiple timelines and a large cast of characters.

I wanted to love this one more than I did.

The mystery kept me interested, but the story felt overloaded at times. There are a lot of characters, a lot of jumping between time periods, and a lot of backstories. Some of it added depth, but some of it slowed the book down more than I wanted.

The strongest parts were the family secrets and the tension between the wealthy Van Laars and the people who worked for them. For me, it was a solid mystery that took a little too long to get where it was going. It didn't completely live up to the hype.

★★★

Amazon Link, commission applies

No comments:

Post a Comment