The story contains interesting real-life events, but the pacing felt very slow. I kept waiting for it to pick up, and much of the book felt drawn out. While there were moments that caught my interest, they were separated by long stretches that were difficult for me to stay engaged with.
I also had trouble connecting with the people at the center of the story. Their decisions and relationships should have created more tension, but I often found myself wanting the narrative to move forward.
I did finish the book because I was curious about the outcome, and I appreciate the research that went into telling this true story. It simply wasn't as compelling as I had hoped it would be.
For readers who enjoy detailed nonfiction and don't mind a slower pace, this may be a better fit. For me, it was an okay read, but not one I would be likely to revisit.
★★
Amazon Link, earns commission

No comments:
Post a Comment