Sunday, May 18, 2014

Redeeming Love: A Novel - A Review



Redeeming Love: A Novel

By Francine Rivers


Publisher's Synopsis: A Story of Love That Won't Let Go - No Matter What!

California’s gold country, 1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep.  

Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside.  

Then she meets Michael Hosea, a man who seeks his Father’s heart in everything. Michael obeys God’s call to marry Angel and to love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel’s every bitter expectation, until despite her resistance, her frozen heart begins to thaw.  

But with her unexpected softening comes overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband’s pursuing love, terrified of the truth she no longer can deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael does…the One who will never let her go.  

A powerful retelling of the story of Gomer and Hosea, Redeeming Love is a life-changing story of God’s unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love.


My Thoughts:  I somewhat enjoyed this book. It was a quick read.  I prefer not read about depressing situations, life is full of enough on its own.  However, the title of this book clearly states, Redeeming Love.  Ms. Rivers brought scriptures and example to life in this title. I did enjoy it.  I also was very glad that there was an end to the story. No guessing, everything wrapped up and all questions answered.

No spoilers here but here are a couple of my favorite quotes:

"Every blessing comes down from the Father, not in payment for good done, but as a gift."

"This is my God box," she said "When problems prey on my mind, I write them down, fold them up, and put them through the slot. Once they're inside this box, they're God's problems and not mine." I am so going to do this!!!

I actually purchased this book...no disclaimer needed this time!


Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....