Tuesday, May 6, 2014

OMG! That's Paleo: A Book Review


OMG! that's PALEO?

Juli Bauer


Scribe Publishing Company


The author of OMG! That's Paleo, Juli Bauer is also a Blogger with a very active Paleo blog.  She begins this book explaining the Paleo lifestyle in a very simple, humorous style. I have been considering going "Paleo" for about a year and this book most definitely answered some of the questions I had on going Paleo. After explaining about the diet and what foods are acceptable she goes on to explain how to prepare these foods and what staple ingredients she recommends to keep in your kitchen. Personally, I adore vegetables. I am not a big meat eater though.  I love pork, chicken and fish if well prepared but I can leave beef in the pasture. I adore jasmine rice, breads, beans and peanut butter so I won't be going strict Paleo anytime soon. 

The recipes are divine. A few of my family's favorites so far are: Chicken Basil Meatloaf, Bacon Chicken Alfredo! (Yes, seriously) and Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta. All four of my kids left at home has thoroughly enjoyed all of the recipes I have tried thus far.  (If you are a mom you understand how important that it!) Ms. Bauer's is a great story teller and uses humor while explaining all those pesky questions about Paleo.

Disclaimer: I was provided a digital copy of this title from Net Galley and the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.

Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....