Thursday, November 21, 2013

Vanity Removed

I remember as a teen waking up very early before school to hot roll my hair... yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, what on earth are hot rollers? They are incredibly hot torture devices girls of the eighties used to use to beautify ourselves. I would sweat my butt off sitting in front of a fan waiting for my hair to set hoping my makeup didn't melt in the process.

Vanity? I suppose. Vanity seems to die along with age, or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, I still try to look nice. Perhaps it was the cancer and being bald. I am not sure but somewhere I have mellowed out a bit and don't mind so much what others think.

Our society puts so much pressure on us to conform to look a certain way.  It is sad really.

I recently took some medicine to reduce water gain in my ankles. Unfortunately, it absorbed the fluid that had been residing in my breast which had a quadrant of tissue removed from breast cancer seven years ago. Now I am totally lopsided and there is over a two cup size difference.

No worries right? I am alive. I am healthy.

Until bathing suit season comes...

See? Society. I am blessed. Period. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter to me and no one else should be looking to notice anyhow.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....