Monday, February 4, 2013

Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year


Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year 
Kate McMillan (Author), Erin Kunkel (Photographer)

Publisher’s Synopsis:  Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day offers a tantalizing collection of 365 soup recipes: one for each day of the year. Colorful calendars at the beginning of each chapter offer an at-a-glance view of the dishes best suited for the ingredients, occasions, and typical weather of the month. From January to December, you’ll find a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving, and match any meal ranging from a quick weeknight supper to an elegant dinner party. A handful of the recipes are even appropriate for the holiday table, while others are perfect for using up a leftover roast or chicken. Notes accompanying each recipe offer ideas for ingredient variations, garnishes, and other helpful tips. All of the soups can be dressed up or dressed down; served in rustic earthenware mugs or on heirloom china; garnished with a flourish of fried herbs or dollop of pesto, or stripped down to the bare, tasty essentials—the possibilities are endless, but always delicious.

Whether it’s a hearty beef stew suited for a chilly winter evening or a cool tomato gazpacho perfect for a hot summer day, the wealth of simple and delicious recipes and beautiful full-color photography will satisfy any soup-lover’s craving throughout the year.  Soup of the Day is also available as a digital edition on the iBookstore.

My Thoughts:  As a fulltime working mom of six I have become a pro at tweaking my recipes to match my measly grocery budget.  Over the years I have come up with some creative ways to stretch my grocery budget, most of which include a casserole, soup or stew.  This recipe book from Williams-Sonoma is right up my alley!  I am a seasoned mommy chef/cook so I absolutely love using recipe ideas to conjure up my own creations.  This book has some terrific inspiration.  Whether you are a strict recipe follower or a creator like me you will definitely enjoy this book.  It will become your go to resource when you are craving some comfort food.  Highly recommended.

Disclosure: I viewed this e-book free from the publisher through Netgalley.com. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....