Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Scar Project

David Jay
 I was here, five years ago.  Pregnant with Breast Cancer.  I only lost one-fourth of one breast though so I consider myself very lucky.  I had the surgery when I was 27 weeks pregnant.  I was 38.  Women of all ages get breast cancer.  Check yourself.  Go visit The Scar Project.

The SCAR Project is a series of large-scale portraits of young breast cancer survivors shot by fashion photographer David Jay. Primarily an awareness raising campaign, The SCAR Project puts a raw, unflinching face on early onset breast cancer while paying tribute to the courage and spirit of so many brave young women.



Photobucket
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I admire women like you and her. They're true warriors! Thank you for sharing this. My SIL wasn't as lucky. She succumbed to BC just last month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think this is the coollest blog I`ve seen. I really like your them

    ReplyDelete

I adore each and every comment....