Sunday, August 28, 2011


Healthy Meals For Less


Jonni McCoy


Bethany House


My Thoughts: In these rough economic times saving a buck on the weekly food budget is the easiest way to help out the family budget. I am a working mother with six children at home and my time is extremely valuable.


Each recipe has Nutritional information and all main courses have a cost per serving of less than $1.00.  The author even includes vegetarian recipes and crock pot meals.


All recipes are simple enough for cooks of all experience levels. Some of the recipes that caught my eye are:


Tandori Chicken


Crock Lasagna


Pull-Apart Chicken


English Muffins


Cosmic Caramel Corn


Cracker Faddle


I recommend this book.  It was previously published in cookbook was previously published in 2002 under the title "Miserly Meals", so if you already have that cookbook, there won't be any new material. 


Publisher's Synopsis:  In this easy-to-use, make-it-from-scratch cookbook, Jonni McCoy, the original Miserly Mom, demonstrates that inexpensive meals can be both nutritious and mouth-watering. She offers proof that living well without spending is doable. Originally published as Miserly Meals, every recipe includes the price per serving and a nutritional analysis. Kitchen tips are an added bonus with every recipe. Simple soups, slow-cook dishes, breakfast ideas, vegetarian options, snacks, gifts from the kitchen, and more will make this the busy mom's most-used cookbook.


Disclaimer:  I received this book free from Bethany House exchange for a review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 


Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....