Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Good Enough is the New Perfect: A Review

Title: Good Enough is the New Perfect

SubTitle:  Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood

Authors:   Becky Beaupre Gillespie & Hollee Schwartz Temple

Publisher: Harlequin

Good Enough is the New Perfect: Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood (Harlequin Nonfiction, April 2011) is not a book about settling.

My Thoughts: I have to admit I have not finished reviewing this book.  This is the first book I have reviewed without completing.  However, this is not a book to breeze through either.  Good Enough Is the New Perfect is a compilation of stories from other women and mothers sharing their own story about how they achieve balance in their own personal life. None of us share the same struggles or achievements.

Personally, I am a college graduate and a working mother of six.  I chose a job making pennies as a bookkeeper instead of using my degree because this is what my family needs now.  I am also a breast cancer survivor.  I had cancer while pregnant with my last child (five years ago).  I am also married to an alcoholic.  I struggle almost every single day to find balance. I do not try to be perfect.  There is no perfect.  Reading stories of other women who have also achieve a peace about where they are in life is inspiring. We all have struggles and sharing how we deal with those struggles may help someone.

I am not going to rush through this book.  I will recommend it though.  I give this book four out of five stars.

Publishers Synopsis:  This Is Not a Book about Settling.

We’re the generation destined to have it all—a great job, the perfect family and the time to enjoy both. But between the conference calls and soccer practices, do you feel like you’ve lost track of what really makes you happy? And are you finding out the hard way that you can’t do everything?

The truth is that you can have it all. The secret is creating an “all” that you love.

 Join a growing new wave of mothers who are learning to let go of the little things and focus on what they really want out of their career, their family and their life. Through their groundbreaking research, Becky Beaupre Gillespie and Hollee Schwartz Temple have discovered a paradigm shift in motherhood today: more and more mothers are losing their “never enough” attitude and embracing a Good Enough mindset to be happier, more confident and more successful. Filled with inspiring firsthand accounts from working mothers and drawn from the latest research, Good Enough Is the New Perfect is a true roadmap for the incredible balancing act we call motherhood.

Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this e-galley for review purposes, free of charge, from NetGalley ! No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. This Review is my honest opinion.


Photobucket
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Tammy -- I am so glad you are enjoying the book! There is a lot in there; we really tried to capture modern motherhood at this moment in time. Thank you for taking the time to write about Good Enough Is the New Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I adore each and every comment....