Monday, July 25, 2011

Eleven Wonderful Beauty Uses for EVOO

Rachel Ray loves (E.V.O.O. Extra Virgin Olive Oil) but so do I.  I use it on a daily basis now.  Olive oil is so useful and healthy, inside and out!  Here are some ways I use olive oil:
Image Credit: Giangrandi Gourmet
  • Use olive oil to remove make-up and condition your facial skin at the same time. Add a few drops of oil to the corner of a washcloth, cotton swab or a Q-tip.
  • I like to rub a nickle size drop all over my face in a circular motion then hold a wet, warm washcloth over my entire face to give my face and neck a massage and steam bath. 
  • Olive oil is terrific at getting off mascara. My eyelashes have grown so much stronger and thicker it honestly is unbelievable.
  • Since I began using olive oil in my beauty regimen I no longer have the need for moisturizer anymore!
  • Do you want shiny hair? Olive oil makes a great hair conditioner. Apply to clean hair and wrap in a warmed towel, sit for 20 minutes, then rinse well. If you have curly hair like me that is prone to frizz, olive oil may tame your unruly locks.  Just rub a few drops between your palms and smooth over those frizzy spots. Just as good as Frizz ease and so much cheaper.  Olive oil also helps with split ends and dandruff.
  • Keep nails and cuticles healthy by applying olive oil. Dip nails in olive oil and allow to penetrate. The oil will hydrate both your cuticles and nails.  If it is cold outside put on a pair of soft white gloves before going to sleep and let that olive oil work all night.
  • Add a couple of drops of olive oil to your bath water for total skin softening.
  • Rub olive oil into dried and cracked feet every evening then cover with socks before going to bed.  You will have soft, younger-looking feet with skin ready for those perfect sandals!  Don’t forget your elbows too!
  • Reduce chapped lips by rubbing in a little olive oil before going out in colder weather. 
  • Use a paste of olive oil and salt or sugar as a body scrub.  You can’t get more natural that that.  Exfoliate the green way.
  • Men can enjoy the benefits of olive oil too – Use instead of shaving cream and it will soften the whiskers and allow for a very close shave and soft, sexy skin afterwards.

Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....