Saturday, June 11, 2011

My new Pinterest Addiction



I've only been on Pinterest for just over a week but it's already rocked my world. It's inspired me and caused me to stay up past my bedtime and yawn quite a bit at work the next day. 

I often save images or bookmark sites that peak my interest, but there is no good way to keep track of where I got the images from.  I absolutely want to give credit too and if I save the images tracking it back to the original website is always a chore. Pinterest has done it for us! 

Pinterest is a social media site that allows you to pin images of interest into different boards that you've created. It's like a personal online bulletin board. So far I have 20 boards with a total of 384 pins in them:



When you pin an image onto one of your boards, it saves the link back to the original site!  How AWESOME is that?  At any point you can always log into your pinterest account and click back and research at your original source. If you find something you love on someone else's board, you post it to your own board and still go to their original source!  You can even "follow" other "curators" boards!! 

You do have to sign up on a waiting list before you can register and start pinning or you can have a current Pinterest member invite you. It only took about 2 hours for me to be accepted.  If you need an invitation, feel free to leave a comment below and I'll invite the first few people who express interest.

Hope to see you there!  Maybe I am not doing you a favor, as it is SO SO SO addicting!  Nah, you will LOVE IT!



Feel free to "Follow" Me.... click on my "Follow me on Pinterest" button on my right sidebar!

Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....