Thursday, February 3, 2011

14 Secrets to Better Parenting: Powerful Principles from the Bible - Review

Title: 14 Secrets to Better Parenting:  14 Secrets to Better Parenting:  Powerful Principles from the Bible


Author: Dave Early


Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Inc.


I enjoyed this book.  Dave Earley bases his “14 Secrets” from the Bible’s book of Proverbs. From “Concentrate on Wisdom” to “Help Them Experience God for Themselves,” these principles will help every parent learn use scriptures of the Book of Proverbs to raising successful children.  Each Secret has a “A Look in the Mirror” section at the end to allow readers to do a self-evaluation on how the reader is currently applying the biblical examples of parenting as taught in the Book of Proverbs.

The section that most applied to me was “The Four Perils of Folly”.  I have been been researching how to help my children overcome a poor example of foolishness  that was present in my former marriage. Mr. Early spoke directly to my heart regarding this area and I believe it accurately describes foolishness and the ramifications of parenting with “folly” and then offers ways to overcome it.

The author continuously quotes scripture from Proverbs to keep his teaching scripture based. I highly recommend this book for newer Christians and especially parents that love application of scripture.



This book will be available on or near April 1, 2011.


(Disclaimer:  I received a digital copy of this book free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion.)


Photobucket
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore each and every comment....