1/3 cup Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 1/2 cups Milk
3 Large Eggs
3 cups Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Powdered Sugar to sprinkle over finished cakes
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet until hot. 350º to 375º using a thermometer or add a drop of batter. If it bubbles up the oil is ready.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add the milk, vanilla, and eggs; whisk until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a gallon-size resealable Ziploc bag (Ziplocs have the best seal for this), remove the excess air and seal the top. Use scissors to snip off a corner to make a 1/4-inch-wide hole. Carefully squeeze 1/2 to 1 cup batter back and forth into the oil making a swirly web.
- Let funnel cake cook in oil for about 2 minutes or until golden brown then turn with tongs and cook about 1 minute on the other side.
- Remove and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle the funnel cakes with powdered sugar and serve hot.