Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Thankful Thursday - Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month ladies! I'm sure if you are faithful readers of my blog you have already discovered that. I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (cancer) in January of 2006. At the time of diagnosis, I was pregnant with our sixth child and 38 years old. The Lord brought me through it and I am a two and a half year survivor now!!!! I have been struggling to write down "My Cancer Journey" but decided to get to it and I finally finished it today, just in time for BCA month!! Perhaps it can encourage others somehow. Anyways, I thank the Lord for bringing my family through it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide which of your blogs I like best....the other one has a 'cleaner' feel (for lack of a better word at the midnight moment), and this one has a 'cuter' feel. Not much help, am I?!! Thanks for dropping by! It's wonderful to see what you are thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I would say that being a survivor is something to be thankful for. Thanks for coming by my site. I do have Breast Cancer Awareness buttons on my site because it is SO important, as you know. A very dear friend, is a 5 year survivor of breast canser. She was diagnosed at the young age of 32. I remember when the diagnosis came, I was shocked, and kept thinking, "wow, I am the same age". Anyway, I do these things to honor her and other women JUST LIKE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

I adore each and every comment....